Yes, You Can Talk About Mental Health at Work
Here's Why... and How to Do it Really Well
This timely and practical book is for any employee, manager or leader who wants to understand mental health at a deeper level, and learn how to talk about it really well in the workplace.
Taking a realistic approach through research, stories of lived experience, and applied techniques that anyone can use, this approachable book covers a variety of crucial areas, including:
* How we bring our beliefs and experiences around mental health and mental illness into the workplace
* The importance of understanding how the language we use, consciously or unconsciously, impacts our interactions with others
* Ways to manage the challenges around having mental health conversations at work
* Step-by-step ‘how-to’ conversation guides, alongside practical tools
* Concrete tips on ways to action this education, individually or at a team level.
After reading this book, you will feel empowered and equipped to have constructive, meaningful conversations about mental health in your workplace.
This book is approved for SHRM recertification credit. The Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM) is the largest and oldest governing body for human resources professionals in the US.