Nature’s Hidden Charms
50 Signs, Symbols and Practices from the Natural World to Bring Inner Peace, Protection and Good Fortune
Being in nature helps us to relax and connect with our innate knowing. When we’re connected, we naturally want to collect: a pink shell, sycamore key, a pinecone, or a pure white pebble that calls to us. Nature’s Hidden Charms is an invitation to reach into the natural world, understand folklore and to explore and discover the hidden symbols and gifts that even the tiniest twig or stone can bring.
Charms and amulets provide us with protection, good fortune and healing, rituals, meditation and simply being in nature make us feel good, help us to be present and to connect to ourselves and the world around us.
In this practical guidebook you will learn;
* How to prepare to open the senses to intentionally connect with nature
* Create and make amulets, charms and talismans
* Connect with plants, trees and herbs
* The folklore and symbology surrounding the practices featured
* To recognise and explore symbols that speak to you in the natural world
Included is a compendium of more than fifty charms, rituals and techniques – from carrying a healing lavender pouch to making a braided ring, evoking the sacred power of the circle – to arranging your charms as a mandala for meditation.
This book is for anyone wanting to slow down, connect with nature and enjoy the simple pleasure of with and from the natural world.