Finding the Light in Dementia
A Guide for Families, Friends and Caregivers
Want to reconnect with your loved one living with dementia? Learn what to say & do from a Dementia Nurse Specialist & care with confidence.
Finding the Light in Dementia: A Guide for Families, Friends & Caregivers is the essential self-help book that helps you know what to say and do when caring for your loved one/care partner.
Providing chapters on:
• What to do following a diagnosis
• Positive ways of communicating together
• Using life stories & activities to stimulate memories & communication
• How to be content & safe at home
• Tips for sleeping, eating & drinking
• How to provide personal care without resistance
• How to respond to changes in moods & behaviour
• Learn how to avoid distress
• Caring for yourself as caregiver
It offers valuable approaches, tips & suggestions interspersed with caregiver stories that help the reader learn to care for & stay connected with their care partner.
Whether you’re a spouse, partner, daughter, son, sibling, friend, parent, paid caregiver, or health & social care professional, this book is for you.