Trigger is your mental health and wellbeing hub.
We are devoted to improving mental health and wellbeing, and helping you to prioritise your mental wellness. The Trigger team is passionate – and compassionate – about mental health. We come from a range of industry backgrounds, but share a genuine desire to continue the conversation around mental and emotional wellbeing.
Founder Adam Shaw, a mental health advocate and philanthropist, set up the company alongside clinical psychologist Lauren Callaghan, after experiencing his own mental health recovery.
Originally, their aim was to publish books providing advice and support to anyone who was struggling, by sharing inspirational stories from those who have lived through challenging experiences, combined with expert advice on practical recovery techniques.
Since then, it has evolved; Trigger’s publishing arm has expanded to produce books on a wide range of topics surrounding mental health and wellbeing…
But our mission doesn’t stop at content creation.
At Trigger, our vision is simple – we want to provide you with THE hub that enables you to nurture yourself. We hope to provide everything you need in order to manage your mental wellness and keep yourself on track, or even assist your mental health recovery. It’s your definitive toolkit, all in one place. However, we also signpost to other excellent organisations, should you ever find yourself in a moment of crisis.
On our site, you will find:
- Hundreds of carefully curated books to help you, or a loved one, with mental health recovery
- Useful articles in our Resources section from advocates, survivors and clinical experts, on a wide range of conditions and topics
- Entertaining and uplifting videos and blog posts to boost your mood
- Soon, we will also be selling Trigger-endorsed products that our clinical team has recommended, to complement your reading. Sign up to our email list to stay connected, and to receive an alert about when the shop is fully stocked.
However you’re feeling, we can help you to thrive, even in these uncertain times.
Cherish Editions is our bespoke highly selective self-publishing service for mental health, wellbeing and inspirational books.
We are experienced in creating and selling positive, responsible and vital books that work to de-stigmatise the issues around mental health and promote good mental wellbeing.
If you see the Cherish logo next to a book in our store, it was written by an author who paid to publish through us. Our fantastic Cherish authors are an invaluable addition to Trigger’s list; without them, we wouldn’t be able to tell anywhere near as many important stories that need to be told.
Profits from the sale of all Trigger books go to our sister charity, Shawmind, also founded by Adam Shaw and Lauren Callaghan. The charity aims to ensure that everyone has access to mental health resources whenever they need them.
OUR PLEDGE TO YOU AND OUR AUTHORS
- Free ebook with every purchase of a paperback or hardback Trigger* book. All books that are included in our free ebook promise are featured on our ebooks page.**
- We will never be beaten on price with any Trigger book and promise to refund the difference if you find the same book available cheaper elsewhere***
- Our courageous authors receive a greater share of royalties when you buy direct from our website
- And a proportion goes to our global mental health charity: www.shawmind.org.
Finally, thank you for buying from us direct; you’re helping to make a real difference to people’s lives.
* Any book that has a Trigger logo next to it on the product page is a book that we published, i.e., a Trigger book.
** Offer applies only where ebooks are available for Trigger Books. Global copyright restrictions apply
*** Just send us a screen grab or photo of where you’ve seen the book available at a lower price, and we’ll refund the difference. Must be within 14 days of purchase.